Sunday, January 24, 2010

Candles & Celebrations



The 100th post definitely calls for celebration.......... and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate this occasion than with a few candles. Today making candles and buying candles has become easy. Candles come in different shapes, sizes, fragrances, colours, etc. I love candles, simply because of the way they make me feel!! They inject romance and magic into the ambience. I am one of those people who do not need an occasion to light candles around the house......... What about you?????


My dining tabel always has candles on it............. whimsical and elegant..........


Now that you know how important candles are to me........it won't be a surprise if I told you that candle holders are an integral part of my household.


I hunt for anything that remotely looks like a candleholder... and then attempt at transforming it.... to make it look artistic or just simple gorgeous. This is a real simple experience for me..... Using lace, beads, ribbon or simply paint creates the magic in my home.....


Here are my champagne glasses.

Didn't I say........... anything converts into a candle holder.............

Here are my chutney or dip containers.......


Knowing my love for canldes and candle holders, my brother gifted me this book - Creative Candleholders by Deborah Morgenthal....I absolutely adore this book....and would like to share the following with you.......( the below four images are from this book ).

The book is magical..............A few vegetables in your kitchen turn into candle holders..........

A few apples with embedded tea lights, makes a cheerful centrepiece..............

A few wires and simple use of wires can make your work of art from silly to sophisticated.........


Just about any container can transform into a candleholder..........


This is how you trasnform ordinary objects into extraordinary candleholders.......

Do leave your comments and let me know what you think or if you have any other amazing candleholder ideas.........

P.S: This is a post by my dear friend Patricia Torres from Colours Dekor............ I apologise to her for not posting this for so long........... She kept her word and gave me the honor of having this post in my blog as my 100th post............... Thank you for this wonderful post Pat. Nothing could have been more perfect than this for the 100th post in my blog...............


11 comments:

  1. Oh... this is super!! Congrats on your 100th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These r some simple and very innovative candle ideas :) Just loved them especially the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sampoorna- the 100th post is a huge milestone. Keep the creativity going!:) I have to thank Pat for pointing me to your blog

    Patricia, this is such a lovely post!I absolutely loved the ladle candles - I believe good housekeeping india had featured this idea once, and I keep looking at it in my inspiration folder.

    Well done, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sampoorna! I loved the way you have transformed those ladels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pat.........as promised I published your post and sorry for the delay again.........Thank you for this wonderful post....

    Hi @Vineeta, @ Preoccupied All the ideas and the pictures are fo Pat's. She did an amazing job with the post...............Thank you Pat once again!!!!!!!!!

    Thank you @ Sharon. I welcome you to my blog........Keep visiting and thak you for your lovely comments.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow such a beautiful creation.....all the pics r lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sampoorna

    Congrats on your 100th post!
    Love the candles and the variety of holders, esp the last one:)

    Warm regds
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Deepa,

    Well you must know by now that this 100th post of mine was done by Patricia..........

    She rally created magic for my blog in this post........


    Thanks for dropping by Deepa..

    Take care......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 100th post...all the pics are beautiful..and with creative ideas, specially love the last one. following you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nayana.... Sorry for the delayed response. I got busy with the baby.....Thank you for your wonderful comments and glad to have you on board...

    ReplyDelete