- Vegetables : I used Tomatoes, Country Cucumber, Brinjal (Aubergine), Country Beans.
- Onions : 2 medium-sized onions, chopped length-wise.
- Green chillies : 2-3, slit along the lenth.
- Curry leaves : 4-5 ( optional, but I wouls suggest using it, gives out such good aroma ).
- Oil : for seasoning, about 2 tablespoons.
- Asafoetida, Urad dal, Chana dal, Cumin and Mustard seeds : one teaspoon each for the seasoning.
- Salt : for taste.
- Turmeric powder : One teaspoon.
- Red chilly powder : 1-2 teaspoons depending on how hot you want it to be. You could also avoid this in case your chillies are very hot. Better eat green chillies fried in oil than eat red chilly powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and it to add asafoetida, urad dal, chana dal, cumin and mustard seeds in that order and once the dals turn golden brown, add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Once the onions turn pink, add country beans and aubergines/brinjals, tomatoes and country cucumber.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and stir well. Now add about 1/4 cup of water to this and cook it covered with a lid.
- Your dish is done once the vegetables are cooked soft. You can add more water and cook till the vegetables are soft. Now add coriander to it about 2 minutes before removing from the flame, mix it well and cover it.
You dish it ready. Have a healthy meal.
P.S : Country cucumber and country tomatoes are usually sour and whenever there is a sour ingredient being added to a dish, make sure it is done after the other ingredients are cooked soft or make sure you add water when you mix everything at a time. Otherwise, the other ingredients in the dish would be half-cooked. You wouldn't wanna eat a half-cooked dish, would you??????????