Sunday, June 28, 2009

Snooty Ooty

Hello Everyone, I have been to Ooty and Mysore the past week along with my husband and we had an amazing holiday. I just can't wait to share all my experiences and the places I visited in and around the Nilgiris.

So here it comes. We took a trian to Coimbatore and then took a bus to Ooty. Coimbatore is the nearest railway station to Ooty which connects to all the main cities. It was almost a day's journey. You can get a bus easily from the main bus stand in Coimbatore to Ooty. To get to the local bus stand, we took a local bus from the railway station.
You can take a train from Coimbatore which connects to Mettupalayam and from there you can take the toy trian to Ooty but the train from Coimbatore leaves at 7:20 in the morning and we reached way too late to catch the train on time. Not to get disappointed. You can always take the toy train ride from Ooty but make sure to reserve in advance.
The bus journey from Coimbatore was just amazing. This was my first trip to any hill station and I was very excited and the bus journey just added on to my excitement. The bus passes through Mettupalayam, Coonoor, Wellington and then reaches Ooty. It would take 3 hours to get to Ooty from Coimbatore. The ghat section has breathtaking views. A thoroughly enjoyable ride if you are not scared of heights as I am.
I'll leave you guys with these pictures for now till my next post. Keep watching this space for more on Ooty and Mysore. Trust me you are going to find a lotta stuff you didn't know.
Till the next post keep smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!
R

1 comment:

  1. Long time no see R... so you've been away on holiday!!! Nice pics... and cant wait for a detailed post!

    ReplyDelete