Hey guys I'm back and it is recipe time again........ I made palak dal last sunday and wanted to share this recipe with you guys ever since. So here comes.........
- Toor dal - 2 hand-fulls ( would serve 2 people, I know I use old methods for measurement, that is what is special about my cooking )
- Onions - 2 small, thinly cut in long
- Green chillies - 2 split in length
- Palak/Spinach - one big bunch
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as per your taste
- Turmeric - a teaspoonful
- Red chilly powder - ( optional ) 1 teaspoonful
- Curry leaves - 5-10
- Besan/chickpea flour - 2 teaspoons made into paste of very thin consistency with water
- Oil - 2 tablespoons for seasoning
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - half teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - teaspoonful
- Urad dal - half teaspoon
- Wash toor dal and take it in a pressure cooker with a cup of water added to it. To this add split green chilies, finely cut onions, curry leaves, spinach which is washed and finely chopped and pressure cook all of these together.
- Now add turmeric, red chilly powder, chickpea flour made into paste of thin consistency and salt to the pressure cooked mixture and the whole thing boil for about 5 minutes.
- Now heat oil for seasoning and add urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and gralic cloves which are finely chopped in that order and add the seasoning to the dal.
- Garnish it with coriander.
Eat this dal with rice and butter or with roti. Have a yummy time...............
Till the next post its chao from me...........