The other day my Mother-in-law showed me how to make this wonderful dish. Ever since I've been trying to make it and finally did it today.
Try it and tell me how you liked it.
- Pumpkin - cut into small pieces.
- Oil - for seasoning , about a tablespoon.
- Urad dal, Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds and asafoetida - for seasoning, about a teaspoon each.
- Red chillies - 1 or 2 ( optional ).
- Ginger - 2cm in length.
- Coconut - raw, about one small bowl grated or cut into pipeces.
- Green coriander leaves - 2 bunches.
- Green chillies - 2 or 3 ( depending on how hot you want your dish ).
- Curry leaves - 2 strands.
- Salt - for taste.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai and add asafoetida, urad dal, cumin and mustard seeds, red cihllies and curry leaves in that order.
- Once the urad dal turns to golden brown, add the cut pumpkin and toss it well and then add salt to it and cook it covered till the pumkin is soft. Remember when cooked the pumpkin is soft but doesn't become paste.
- Now grind ginger, coconut, green chillies and coriander and add the paste to the cooked pumpkin pieces and mix well. Leave it on flame for about 2 minutes.
Your pumpkin curry is ready. Eat it with hot rice or chapathi or bread.