I have written about one procedure for making tomato rice when I published the post on Pudina / Mint rice with raita and promised to post on other method of making tomato rice. So here it is.
- Tomatoes : 3-4
- Rice : 1 small cup would serve one person
- Onions : 1 large one cut into thin long pieces
- Green chillies : 2 ( makes it not too spicy )
- Curry leaves : quite a few
- Urad dal, Chana dal, Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds : half teaspoon each
- Asafoetida : about a pinch
- Garam masala : half teaspoon
- Oil : for seasoning ( depends on how you use regularly )
- Salt : to taste
- Turmeric : half teaspoon
- Red chilliy powder : half teaspoon ( optional but I would suggest adding it )
- Coriander : chopped, for garnishing.
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and all the ingredients for seasoning i.e chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida in that order.
- After the dals turn golden brown, add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- After the onions are cooked, add chopped tomatoes and let it cook soft.
- Now add salt, turmeric, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and let the whole mixture cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add rice and mix well. Add the chopped coriander before taking the tomato rice off the stove.
Till the next post enjoy the rice recipes