Monday, July 6, 2009

Pykhara Falls - Ooty


One of the many "must-see" sights is the Pykhara Falls. Approximately 28 km from Ooty, these beautiful falls are worth a visit.

It took us about 3 hours for a round trip to this place from Ooty. Everything we found on the way there was awesome and breathtaking. The views are magnificent. There is a shooting meadow on the way to the falls. It was there the film songs were shot most of the time. There is nothing up the hill there except for the grass and again, the views. I hyperventilated on my way up the hill. All in all an amazing experience which I'm sure if I had not done then, I would never have been able to do it later.

We found this beautiful golf course on our way to the falls. It was vast and never ending. We wondered how anyone could put the ball in the hole without letting it fall among the huge trees in the middle of the course. I'm sure it is one of the toughest courses to play on.
Once we reached the place, we had to walk another 2-3 km to reach the falls. Luckily it was not up hill. There were many steps to climb down though and I cursed myself on my way back up to have shown so much enthu to get down all the steps to take that perfect picture of the falls. I'm not sure still if I got that shot. But I'm sure I couldn't have gone any further down, not that I couldn't but there weren't any steps any more.
The falls weren't as huge as we expected but at the same time we were not disappointed at what we saw. It was worth everything getting down there and seeing those falls.
There was one disppointment though, that we couldn't go the Pykhara boat house which is told to be very beautiful. We planned to go there again in our next trip. When we do, I shall post about it too. In case you go there before I do, please do share the pictures with me.
I hope you liked the pictures and do visit the falls, without fail, when in Ooty.
Have a great week ahead.
R

1 comment:

  1. simply beautifully captured shots & lovely reading about this place!

    ReplyDelete