I am back after a long hiatus from blogging. Where was I? Well I had a baby boy. He is now 3 months old. We call him Vedorjith. I am enjoying every bit of being a mom. This is my bundle of joy.
I had gestational diabetes and my mom took care of my diet in the last month of pregnancy and one day she made me wheat flour dosa / pancake. Ever tried it or even knew it existed?
Here is how it is made.
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Water for mixing the flour into a thin consistency fine enough for dosa / pancake.
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder - depends on how spicy you want it to be
- Salt - as per your taste
- Oil - half a teaspoon to apply on the borders of the dosa / pancake
- Mix the wheat flour with water after adding salt and chilly powder and cumin powder. Make it into a batter of thin consistency as you would make it for dosa or pancake.
- Heat the tawa / pan and once it is hot, spread the batter and wait till the underside of the dosa / pancake turns golden brown. apply oil at the borders for easy removal of the dosa and turn it. Let the other side too little brown and remove it.
Do try it and let me know if you liked it.