You need :
For Pulusu :
- Tamarind pulp : one teaspoon
- Onions : 2 medium size, finely chopped
- Green chillies : 2 long ones, finely chopped
- Curry leaves : 7
- Coriander : finely chopped, for garnishing
- Turmeric : halt teaspoon
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : one teaspoon ( u can add more if u prefer it sweet )
For seasoning :
- Cumin seeds ( Jeera ) : half teaspoon
- Mustard seeds ( Rai ) : half teaspoon
- Asafoetida ( Hing ) : hakf teaspoon
- Red chillies : 2 broken into half
- Mix the pulp in water and bring it to the consistency of liquid and add turmeric, salt, sugar, chopped onions and green chillies and curry leaves and mix the whole thing squeezing it with your hand.
- Now add the seasoning of cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida, red chillies in oil and granish the pulusu ( liquid ) with coriander.
Your pachchi pulusu is ready. It is Andhra special.The onions are natural coolers. Also, tamarind, sugar and salt act as electrolytes. These will replace the salts lost through sweat from your body.
Hope you guys will like it.