- Carrots : 250 gms
- Lemon juice : about 3 teaspoons / juice from a whole medium-sized lemon
- Salt : as per your taste ( i add about half teaspoon )
- Oil : 3-4 teaspoons
- Urad dal : a teaspoon
- Jeera : a teaspoon
- Mustard seeds : a teaspoon
- Asafoetida : half teaspoon
- Curry leaves : 5-10
- Green chillies : 2 medium-sized,finely chopped
- Grate the carrots, add salt and lemon juice and keep aside
- Heat oil and add urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and chopped green chillies in that order and take it off the heat once d urad dal changes colour to light brown.
- Add the seasoning to the marinated grated carrots.
This is a very easy dish to make and it can be stored in the fridge for almost 3-5 days.Since the carrots are raw and not cooked or boiled,its as good as eating a whole carrot. Anyone who doesnt prefer to eat raw carrot can be given this dish and trust me,they wouldnt be able to resist it,once they taste it.Try it with rice or roti.Either ways you'll like it.
So go ahead and try this yummy dish.
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!