Here's a recipe that will add spice to your menu.This is easy and quick to make and lasts for atleast 3 days if stored in fridge.
- Toor dal ( kandi pappu ) : a small cup
- Red chillies : about 5-7 ( depending on how hot you eat )
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) : 1 Teaspoon full
- Garlic : 6-7
- Salt : as per your taste
For the seasoning :
- Cumin seeds / Jeera : about half teaspoon
- Mustard seeds : full teaspoon
- Curry leaves : 6-7
Dry roast the dal first till it turns into light brown and the smell of the dal comes out and keep it aside.
Then dry roast the rest of the ingredients excluding salt.
After all the ingredients cool down,grind them into fine powder.
Add water to the powder and mix so that it forms a paste.
Season the paste with asafoetida,cumin seeds,mustard seeds and curry leaves in heated oil.
Enjoy your chutney with hot rice and ghee.